Updating Outdated Electrical Installations
Get In Touch with the Best Electrician Santa Rosa in Town!
Get Your Free Quote
The Trusted Electric Services Santa Rosa CA Locals Depend On!
Unfortunately, most homeowners do not check their electrical system’s condition periodically. As professionals, we know that electrical wiring tends to wear out over the years and needs to be updated.
Malfunctioning electrical installations create a fire hazard, putting your family at risk. If the wiring becomes overheated or is exposed to heat, it may spark leading to a house fire.
Likewise, outdated installations increase the risk of electrocution. Due to the deterioration in wiring, the insulation might be patchy.
Often, outdated electrical installations are the reason for the shorter lifespan of your electrical appliances. Furthermore, a faulty installation might not support your dryer, dishwasher, or other machines, becoming a nuisance in the long run.
It’s time to search for an electrician in Santa Rosa, CA when you notice the following problems:
- Breakers trip frequently
- Lights flicker and go dim
- Sparking outlets
- Burning smell from appliances or a specific section of the house
- A tingling feeling when you touch electrical appliances
- Fuses keep blowing
Apart from this, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- All the outlets and switches in your house should be cool to the touch. If there are scorch marks or the outlets get too hot, it’s a sign of a problem with the wiring.
- If there’s smoke coming out of an appliance, you should immediately turn it off. Then, check the socket for any signs of overheating or burning. Make sure you turn off the circuit breaker until help arrives.
- With time, the connections between switches and electrical wires can loosen. You should check all outlets in your house periodically and ensure the cables are secure and in place.